Translate

Thursday 13 November 2014

Fun Athletics!


Yesterday, children from room 10 were selected to represent St Patrick's school at the Masterton inter schools athletics competition.  These children were:  Loreale, Hayley, Kiara, Jack O, Tyler, Declan and me (Jack K).

It was fun because we got to miss a day off school and we got to do our favourite sports.

First I did relays and in my team there was Jack O, Tyler, Declan, Charlie (rm 11) and me.
We made up our call (banana) so that the others teams would stop and laugh and we came second place in our race.

Next, I did my long jump.  First I jumped 2.96 metres.  The next jump I made about 2.76 and my last jump was very funny because it was 2.66 metres.

Lastly, I did my sprints.  I did long distance and short distance.  100 metres and 60 metres.  I came 2nd place in my 60 metres and I came 4th place in my 2nd 60 metres.  In my 100 metres I came 3rd.

Then I had to go and wait until my dad picked me up.  I thought the day was very fun and exciting.   I hope I get to make it into long jump for the  Wellington schools athletics.

By Jack K

No comments:

Post a Comment